A Thousand New Beginnings Kristin Addis 9780692662885 Books

This is the story of a 26-year-old girl who left her old life with a steady job and boyfriend behind in order to travel through Southeast Asia completely on her own. Over the course of the next year and thousands of miles, hundreds of new beginnings and new friendships, she found that more than traveling the world outside, she traveled the world within. This book is a collection of excerpts from her diary and blog during that time in which she found that traveling alone made all the difference in the world.
A Thousand New Beginnings Kristin Addis 9780692662885 Books
Kristin's new book is great. I've been following her blog for awhile now and love her writing style. Her travel stories recount the good and the not so good, frustrating and exciting, scary and exhilarating aspects of solo female travel. After reading her stories, I feel more prepared to face similar situations on my own journey.This book brings you through her first year of travels and goes deeper and into more detail than you will find in her blog. Some of the content from the blog is included, but there is tons of new content. If she hadn't included previous content, you wouldn't have the full picture of the year, as she tells it chronologically, in a diary type format.
I feel I got to know her more as a person, as she takes you into her more personal stories and thought processes. I've been contemplating my own solo female travel journey, and this book helps to make the thought of taking the leap less scary, and in fact makes me want to push that "buy" button on the plane ticket all the more. I hope Kristin continues to write books about her travels- I would definitely buy. Thank you, Kristin, for being such an inspiration!
Product details
|

Tags : A Thousand New Beginnings [Kristin Addis] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. This is the story of a 26-year-old girl who left her old life with a steady job and boyfriend behind in order to travel through Southeast Asia completely on her own. Over the course of the next year and thousands of miles,Kristin Addis,A Thousand New Beginnings,Thought Catalog Books,069266288X,TRAVEL Australia & Oceania
People also read other books :
- Glossary of nuclear terms and definitions EnglishFrenchRussian edition by Vlad Miller Reference eBooks
- Boxers 2013 Hardcover Weekly Engagement Brown Trout 9781421694573 Books
- Beacon of Greed Rowdy Snippy Job 3 Bren Vaughn Books
- 911 edition by Chris Owen Literature Fiction eBooks
- For 100 Nights A 100 Series Novel Volume 2 Lara Adrian 9781542513968 Books
A Thousand New Beginnings Kristin Addis 9780692662885 Books Reviews
excellent light reading on travelling solo. of good observations. good description of races confirming that each one is is different and is evidence that we are not the same and never will be life would be is the better for the variations.
I loved this book so much I bought multiple copies for my friends after I read it and I read it 3 times through now. I feel just like Kristin did before she quit her job and she has inspired me to give up a salary to see what is out there in the world. Thank you Kristin. I love your social media and website. xo Dan
I love this book. I am a huge fan of Kristin's blog and this book only made me love her site more. A wonderful book for anyone with the wanderlust spirit. Especially a good read for any other solo female travelers, or anyone else thinking about jumping into traveling solo. Don't hesitate, buy this book. You won't be disappointed!
OK Kristin is not a world class writer, but you know what? that doesn't matter because she writes from the heart and she has an excellent travel adventure to tell us all about. I travel quite a lot myself, and I always kick myself that I don't have the discipline to write a journal about it. Well done Ms. Addis!
Kristin journal's /blogs her 10m of being a solo female traveler with as much wit, descriptiveness and charm as Anthony Bordain. Her photos are beyond gorgeous and I am excited to read her next book whenever she has a new one published.
suggested this title to me. The description gave me the impression the author would share a bit more, or be a little more vulnerable in story-telling about her life during this book. It did get a more interesting about half way though when she enters a relationship with another traveler. The author opens up briefly and shares her personal feelings about it. However, mostly one is just reading an itinerary of her travels & the book lacks any "characters" or plot or storyline. Same type of situations just happen on repeat in different locations without any particular meaning. If her goal was to write a book that ticks off short descriptions of places she traveled, it succeeded. However, she seems like an interesting gal, and I would have liked to learn more about her, her personal feelings, and her life prior to the trip. I can just pick up a lonely planet book to read itineraries.
I have been following Kristin's adventures for a few years now on her blog so, when her book came out I had to be one of the first people to buy it (Sorry for my late review, Kristin! ;-))
Kristin shares her adventures on her first year(ish) on the road; bye bye cubicle, Hello SE Asia! Follow her along as she makes her way around SE Asia and Australia. Some days aren't always a vacation but her glass-half full attitude keeps you going as she navigates the language barriers, unfamiliar waters, wildlife and of course, relationships.
You can't help but be inspired to ditch your desk and hit the road after reading "A Thousand New Beginnings", you won't be disappointed!
Kristin's new book is great. I've been following her blog for awhile now and love her writing style. Her travel stories recount the good and the not so good, frustrating and exciting, scary and exhilarating aspects of solo female travel. After reading her stories, I feel more prepared to face similar situations on my own journey.
This book brings you through her first year of travels and goes deeper and into more detail than you will find in her blog. Some of the content from the blog is included, but there is tons of new content. If she hadn't included previous content, you wouldn't have the full picture of the year, as she tells it chronologically, in a diary type format.
I feel I got to know her more as a person, as she takes you into her more personal stories and thought processes. I've been contemplating my own solo female travel journey, and this book helps to make the thought of taking the leap less scary, and in fact makes me want to push that "buy" button on the plane ticket all the more. I hope Kristin continues to write books about her travels- I would definitely buy. Thank you, Kristin, for being such an inspiration!

0 Response to "[CGL]⋙ PDF A Thousand New Beginnings Kristin Addis 9780692662885 Books"
Post a Comment